Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joy


I'm so proud of my dear friend, Joy. She made joybridy.com all her ownself! I always knew she was a majestic potter, but she just never struck me as the geek type. This is a woman who knows how to quilt and can vegetables and make pie crust. She was one of the last people I knew (besides me) to get a cell phone. And here she is, designing a really beautiful site for her art.


Now, the art itself is brilliant to behold, as you can see here. She was trained at the Indiana University School of Fine Arts, but she's always had her own distinct style. She travels much of the summer, studying with other potters and giving workshops of her own. Her work is heavily influenced by natural lines and colors. And function is central as well. If you're looking for an original gift for someone, check out her work. I'd go on...but the work pictured on her site speaks for itself.

Here's something you won't learn from her site: Joy sings like an angel. We sang harmonies together in Upstart (an acappella group), and in Orquesta Son (a salsa band). So much fun! So many good times. She moved away weeks after attending the birth of my daughter. God, I miss that woman! Here's to ya, Joy!

2 comments:

Wendy Ostermeyer said...

Pam!

Let's add to the firsts: I've never commented in a blog before!

You are so great. And you write beautifully! In your spare time, perhaps you should consider writing articles, nonfiction, fiction, a best seller!! I am so serious!

I miss you so much at work. Just not the same place without your smile and presence.

Happy, Happy Holidays to you, Joe, Mora! Be safe, have fun!

Hugs, Wendy

Pam said...

Thanks, Wendy! You're such a sweetie! I miss you too. I hope you and John have a great Christmas.