Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gramps


My grandfather, John Sennhauser, was an artist, and he was pretty well recognized by the art world. He's got paintings in the Smithsonian and the Whitney among others. However, he's not on Wikipedia -- Quelle horreur! One of my current projects is to rectify this situation.

Has anyone ever posted on Wikipedia before? It's an adventure. I've got a big learning curve. On the other hand, I get to do scholarly research on Gramps, which is pretty cool.

The only problem is Wikipedia doesn't want any of the juicy stories of his life --- stories I would know but the art world wouldn't. They just want information that can be verified by reliable published sources -- damned professionalism! So maybe I'll just tell you the stories. In the meantime I'll give you this picture of him. He's holding my baby sister, Heather.

No comments: